Re: Ssd failed

Chris Lee

its unlikely it hardware failed, possible I guess though. Most likely
it was a power interruption, information isnt written right away, it
stays in a cache. if the power gets interrupted you can get
corruption. This was more prevalent in older hdd's because the drives
were slower and information stayed in the cache longer. But it still
happens in SSD's.

Hopefully you can recover with fsck

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 1:02 PM John Hanley <linux@...> wrote:

So my file server crashed. The error I get when bootiing is I have to run fsk manually on the root drive. My / drive is a solid state drive. How would a solid state drive get corrupted?
Thanks,