Bookmark This: 150 ways to take back your privacy from the evil gatekeepers

Rene Matthijssen

Privacy is a hot-button issue nowadays, and it should be. Information bloodsuckers like Facebook and Google are having a heyday selling your browsing habits to the highest bidder day in and day out. The truth is that’s really how these companies make their money. In case you didn’t know, as soon as you connect to the internet and visit your favorite site you’re virtually getting raped by hundreds of corporate vampires who want to suck every last bit of personal information out of you.

Luckily, there’s a way to stop this. No, you don’t have to get off the internet altogether (although that’s not a bad idea) but what you do need to do is start taking your privacy seriously. Listed below are 150 great tools (courtesy of privacytools.io) everyone should try to integrate into their online habits. Most of these tools are free and easy to set up. And after reading my list if you feel I’ve missed something, I ask that you leave any recommendations or reviews in the comment section for all readers to see. As a disclaimer, I’m not receiving financial compensation from any of these companies. I’m merely interested in ‘sticking it’ to the information whores that have no respect for your privacy and do not compensate you for exploiting it.

http://www.thomasdishaw.com/privacy/