Re: Install difficulties, 640x480 resolution

Rene Matthijssen

I could not set the resolution to the size I wanted because of the KVM switch and following the steps outlined, it added the needed resolution to the bottom of the list.
xrandr also tells you what output is active, in my case VGA-0, in your case it should show DVI active.
Rene

 xrandr
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1368 x 768, maximum 16384 x 16384
HDMI-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DVI-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
VGA-0 connected primary 1368x768+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 0mm x 0mm
   1024x768      60.00
   800x600       60.32    56.25
   848x480       60.00
   640x480       59.94