Re: M$ agrees to buy GitHub for $7.5G

LinkedIn hasn't really changed since MS bought it. I suspect GitHub won't change much either. At least not in the short to medium term.

I wouldn't worry too much. In fact, this is probably a good thing for GitHub users.

Jared

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018, 8:57 AM Gordon Haverland <ghaverla@...> wrote:
From TheRegister

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/06/04/microsoft_buys_github/

It would appear that lots of developers are leaving GitHub as a result
of this.  The article suggests GitLab as a destination, the comments
mention lots of other possibilities.

In the comments, it mentions that M$ bought LinkedIn at some point in
the past, I don't remember ever filing that away.  But another
commenter mentioned that he walked away from LinkedIn and has never
gone back when that happened.