Re: Ubuntu 18.04-LTS

I did the do-release-update and it broke my wifi....sort of. Note that I was on 16.04 and in order to get 18.04, it first upgrades to 17.10.  This is where the wifi broke.

I could get an IP address and connect to LAN resources, but it wouldn't let me ping the outside world. Rather than track down the error, it was easier to fresh install 18.04.

I keep /home on it's own partition, so after upgrading, it of course keeps some of my desktop theme preferences. I lost some icon shortcuts and things like my battery indicator.

The laptop feels faster, but I'd expect that from any new OS installation.

All in all, I was up and running in about 30 minutes, including having some needed software (keepass, syncthing and a few others).

Jared

On Tue, May 1, 2018, 5:55 PM Rajiv D <rdasm@...> wrote:
I always do a “do-release-upgrade” after about a month or two. But this time, I think I will have to go for a fresh install.

Because this version doesn’t support i386 code and I have both i386 and amd64 packages, I am not sure how this will turn out if I go this route.

Has anyone tried the “do-release-update”? What was the result? Did the upgrade break anything?

- Rajiv

On May 1, 2018, at 12:07, Rene Matthijssen <rene@...> wrote:

I did all fresh installs.
So far - so good....