Re: Ubuntu 18.04-LTS

Rajiv D

To add dpkg -l shows the architecture for individual packages you have installed.

- Rajiv

On May 1, 2018 19:14, Rajiv D <rdasm@...> wrote:
I believe "uname -m" shows your arch. If it's x86_64, you are running 64bit code.

- Rajiv

On May 1, 2018 18:40, "Frederick R. McDougall" <frmcdo@...> wrote:
How does one detect i386 code products on their computer?  I currently am running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit.
Fred

On Tue, May 1, 2018, 17:55 Rajiv D, <rdasm@...> wrote:
I always do a “do-release-upgrade” after about a month or two. But this time, I think I will have to go for a fresh install.

Because this version doesn’t support i386 code and I have both i386 and amd64 packages, I am not sure how this will turn out if I go this route.

Has anyone tried the “do-release-update”? What was the result? Did the upgrade break anything?

- Rajiv

On May 1, 2018, at 12:07, Rene Matthijssen <rene@...> wrote:

I did all fresh installs.
So far - so good....