rsync

John Hanley

I think we had this conversation a few years back but since rebuilding my server, I have forgotten.

I am setting up my backup system using rsync.

What is/are the best options(s) for rsync? I seem to recall using -a previously.

Also, in a previous thread, it was suggested using the cron.daily/weekly/etc directories rather than crontab. If I create a script to backup/archive all my music, photos, & home directories on a weekly basis, will that be any better/worse than setting it in crontab to backup music on Mondays, photos on Tuesdays, /home on Wednesdays at different times of the day?

Thoughts?

Thanks!