Anyone know AIX? (job posting)

Bart Oleksy

Just saw on LinkedIn that ATB Financial is looking for a "Senior AIX Administrator".  Some details:

Job description

Job Description

Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB. Is that you?

Senior AIX Administrator

So...what's the BIG idea?

The System Administrator will utilize their strong AIX Administration skills and information technology experience as part of the IT Operations team within ATB ITSD. This is a “hands-on” position responsible for supporting the technical environments including setup, configuration and monitoring.

How will you do it?

As Well As

In this role you will be responsible for daily administration, monitoring, troubleshooting and tuning of complex environments. You will also provide system administration and infrastructure related support and management for the SAP Application Systems along with other environments. You will be responding to and resolving infrastructure-related incidents as well as monitor and evaluate overall system performance and day-to-day system activity on servers.
  • Analyzes production and test system problems, determines causes and takes timely corrective action
  • Works with the other AIX Administrators as a team on support activities, capacity planning and performance tuning
  • Works with Database Administrators in support of the production and test databases.
  • Ensure changes are performed within change control process for the application and architecture
  • Interact with all levels of the business to identify opportunities for system enhancements and process improvements
  • Provides support to the SAP and other application teams during development and implementation Maintain tactical relationships with vendors in order to support daily operations
  • Creates and maintains accurate documentation
  • Provide after hours on-call support on a rotational basis
You would also prepare plans for implementation and ongoing system support and provide support for Disaster Recovery as required along with PowerHA configuration. The incumbent would make recommendation for and implement policies/standards while ensuring adherence to security procedures.

Job Requirements

What You Will Bring To The Table
  • Must have a minimum of 5 years experience of AIX administration in a large environment
  • University degree in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience
  • In-depth knowledge of AIX (7.x) and IBM Power Systems experience is required
  • Experience with PowerVM, HMCs, VIOs, LPARs, NIM, PowerHA and GPFS is required
  • Knowledge of SAN and TSM (IBM Tivoli Storage Management) are required
  • Experience in SAP environments would be an asset
  • Must have in-depth understanding of TCP/IP communications
  • Knowledge of system management principles and best practices is required
  • Ability to provide a high level of Customer Service
  • Function effectively as team member and be able to work independently
  • Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
  • Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
  • Excellent time management skills
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Imagine paying less for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments. Throw in an excellent benefits and pension package, opportunities for career advancement, and a financial institution that’s leading the way in change – now you’re talking about a career with a company that allows you to grow. As an award-winning employer-of-choice – we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?

Advancement. Fun. Rewards… We get it.
To learn more visit atb.com.

To read our employer reviews visit our Glassdoor page.

Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.

For additional information on this posting, please contact Julius Puskas, Manager. [Note: please apply using our online system and not the contact's email address].