I'd be happy to loan my J1 handset if she just wants to buy her own SIM there to save a few dollars.  I don't use it here in Canada.

Regards,
Keehan.

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 3:06 PM, Bart Oleksy <BARTO@...> wrote:

Another option is for her to bring her (carrier-unlocked) phone along to Australia and buy a new SIM card there with the package of calling/texting/data that she needs.  This is what I've done before when traveling abroad, usually for shorter time periods but most prepaid packages are good for a month or more anyway.

Hope that helps!

From: elug@groups.io <elug@groups.io> on behalf of John Hanley <linux@...>
Sent: Wednesday, October 5, 2016 3:03 PM
To: elug@groups.io
Subject: [elug] Out of country call forwarding

My sister-in-law is heading to Australia for a month. She would like some kind of inexpensive way to still send/receive a few phone calls and texts. Right now Telus wants to sell her an $85 package for 75 minutes.

One option I thought of  included  call forward from  her telus number to a local  carrier where she would purchase a SIM card for her iPhone .  Another option I thought of  included  a local Skype  number  where she would have calls forwarded to .

Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations for an out of country calling solution?

Thanks!