Re: Quick Apache 2 question (Apache 2 on Ubuntu 13.04 vs. 14.04)

Bart Oleksy

I didn't think much about the .04 and the .10 deal, so thanks for that too.

At least I knew that LTS stood for Long Term Support... 1 out of 3!

From: Rene Matthijssen <rene@...>
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 8:15 PM
To: elug@groups.io
Subject: Re: [elug] Quick Apache 2 question (Apache 2 on Ubuntu 13.04 vs. 14.04)

And now you know !
Nothing to be ashamed of.
You may have noticed that virtually ALL versions end in 04 and 10, because those are the months of release. It is quite predictable that the next new version will arrive around the 20th of April. Compared to M$, those guys are soooo predictable. LTS stands for Long Term Support.
Rene

ReleaseSchedule

Current Release in Development

Future Releases

LTS

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseSchedule

On 2016-03-21 07:42 PM, Bart Oleksy wrote:

I am ashamed to admit that I did NOT know that the numbers for the major version were the last two digits of the year!

Thanks, Rene.