EinsteinPy is participating in ESA Summer of Code in Space 🚀

Hi all,

As you may already know, EinsteinPy is participating in Summer of Code in Space, a summer program where European Space Agency pays for students to work on open source space projects.
It is a matter of immense happiness that ESA has selected all the five (5) projects that we floated! The selected projects can be viewed here:
https://socis.esa.int/projects/
(Project IDs 12-16)
Their detailed descriptions are here: https://github.com/einsteinpy/einsteinpy/wiki/SOCIS-Ideas

We invite all the interested students/applicants to write proposals for one/more of them. So what would you have to do?

Now, after you have done all of that, start solving some issues!

And then... you decide! I can help you polish your proposal if you need to, find an idea to work on, give a hand with git, suggest different project or organization based on your skills and interests. If you happen to send a good proposal to work on EinsteinPy, you will have a good chance to get selected and maybe we will have the opportunity to work together and learn a lot. Also, perhaps give a talk in a conference or two..

I would greatly appreciate if you spread the word about this. I believe SOCIS is a great opportunity to get in touch with open source and make a big contribution to science and technology.

Before you leave, let me add a very important impostor syndrome disclaimer (from here):

I want your help. No really, I do.

There might be a little voice inside that tells you you're not ready; that you need to do one more tutorial, or learn another framework, or write a few more blog posts before you can help me with this project.

I assure you, that's not the case.

If you have read this far, I hope to have you on board very soon :)

Regards,

Shreyas Bapat