ANN: EinsteinPy 0.1.0 Released 🚀

Hi all!

It gives me immense pleasure to announce that we have successfully released the first ever version (v0.1.0) of EinsteinPy.

🚀

EinsteinPy is an open source pure Python package dedicated to problems arising in General Relativity and relativistic physics, such as goedesics plotting for schwarzschild space-time model, calculation of schwarzschild radius for any mass given. Features like visualisation of geodesics of curved black holes and 3D visualisations are some of the features which are planned. It is released under the MIT license.

You can install it using pip:

pip install einsteinpy

We are preparing conda-forge feedstock for conda users as well!

This particular release saw a total of 7 contributors, a lots of features and 4 very happy faces!
I will take this opportunity to thank every contributor who gave their time to this project! I also thank every person who tries to install EinsteinPy, find bugs and report us.

This specific release has some cool features including Schwarzschild Geometry Analysis and trajectory calculation, symbolic calculation of Christoffel symbols and Riemann curvature tensor, static geodesic plotting, calculation of velocity of coordinate time w.r.t proper time, coordinate conversion of Boyer-Lindquist, Cartesian and spherical coordinates into each other and much more!

Full release notes can be read in the documentation:
https://einsteinpy-project.readthedocs.io/en/stable/changelog.html#einsteinpy-0-1-0-2019-03-08

We will also be applying for SOCIS 2019. Hope we get selected for the same!

Please join our chat on Matrix/Riot and feel free to ask any questions you might have:

https://riot.im/app/#/room/#einsteinpy:matrix.org

Einstein once said: "Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving."
Hence, we will keep moving, keep progressing and work harder for the next release!

Per aspera ad astra!
--
Shreyas Bapat