SSIDs

Julian

Hi everyone. I have recently purchased DXmon. I can't seem to find a way to using SSIDs with my callsign. Any clues?
Regards, Julian, MØIPU, (YOЗFCA)

Peter Jennings

I am not sure how you want to make use of SSIDs.

A valid call in DX Monitor is made up of letters and numbers only.

Peter VE3SUN

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 7:21 AM Julian <iulianp@...> wrote:
Hi everyone. I have recently purchased DXmon. I can't seem to find a way to using SSIDs with my callsign. Any clues?
Regards, Julian, MØIPU, (YOЗFCA)

Julian

Edited

Hi Peter and thank you for your swift reply. I was intending to use it (SSID) with the telnet connections to DX cluster nodes. The DX Mon telnet window, cluster nodes list only offers a password field. The connection is made automatically with the DX Mon registered callsign (no SSID option offered). I am not sure whether I am missing something there. The thing is I run a public DX node on a different PC on the LAN, MØIPU-4, dxs.ddns.net:7300 (also available via netrom, node CHING) and I already have a client connected there all the time (for monitoring) on that same PC with the MØIPU plain callsign. I have DX Mon installed on my working PC, same LAN, and I would have liked to connect with a different SSID to my node, or any other node for argument sake. Only to add to my edited msg that it's quite common with DX client software to offer some way to use SSIDs when the need occurs.

Best regards, Julian, MØIPU {YOЗFCA}

Peter Jennings

So, if I understand correctly, it is only necessary for the telnet login.

If that is so, you can edit the automatic responses in the Telnet Options menu, or, you can login manually.

Peter

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 1:13 PM Julian <iulianp@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]
[Reason: Sentence added.]

[...]

Perfect Peter. I have completely missed that menu! It's absolutely spot on now. I can see there is also an option to either  send spots  via DXsummit or the telnet connected DX node. Nice.
I have noticed DXsummit spots do not end up in the cluster, however, cluster spots do show up in DXsummit. I am not very familiar with the DXsummit design. The web page aka user interface  looks perfect, but there is not much info out there on the internals. I have noticed some other particularities, with some DX nodes for example, very busy CC nodes in particular, they fail to propagate user messages throughout the cluster, feature most probably disabled by the sysop due to increased traffic etc. Messages never leave the node. Things like that.
I like the DXmon software design. Great work. The map is really useful. I only know of one more software (there might be others)  that incorporates a map, LiveMUF, but it is a bit more difficult to setup.
If you find it opportune, feel free to include my DX node on the DXmon node list (details in my prev msg).
73s de Julian, MØIPU {YOЗFCA}