Failed Spot

Jim McCook W6YA

Hi Peter, this morning I tried to send a spot but it failed repeatedly.  All the information entered was correct.  I tried again after restarting the program, but it didn't help.  It was the same after rebooting the computer (Win 10).  I got the error 11001.  Any idea what happened?   Jim W6YA

VE3SUN - Peter Jennings

11001 is a failure to connect.

Either the host is down or your firewall is blocking the access.

Windows updates sometimes change those settings and increase security.

Peter

On Sun, Mar 14, 2021 at 11:42 AM Jim McCook W6YA <JimW6YA@...> wrote:
Hi Peter, this morning I tried to send a spot but it failed repeatedly.  All the information entered was correct.  I tried again after restarting the program, but it didn't help.  It was the same after rebooting the computer (Win 10).  I got the error 11001.  Any idea what happened?   Jim W6YA

Jim McCook W6YA

Thanks, Peter.  I just renewed and upgraded my internet security with Eset.  If this happens again I'll look at that as the answer.

Thanks, Jim