----- Original Message -----
From: <LBIDD@webtv.net>
As soon as I started reading, it occurred to me that there is way too
much material to discuss the whole chapter at once. But I don't know
exactly how to proceed. I was thinking maybe just a couple of paragraphs
or so a week. What do you, and everyone else, want to do?
Sounds sensible. We don't need a schedule, do we? When we're all happy we
can move on to the next paragraph, we do. The same points will keep on
coming again & again, so perhaps we shouldn't be too worried about
understanding the whole paragraph thoroughly before moving onto the next -
Especially when the one we start with seems to have the whole of the Dhamma
compressed into a few lines : )

On a procedural note, if it's not too much trouble, someone could email
the section we are going to study in html without comment so it's
exactly the same as the web version and we could also number the
paragraphs so there would be an archived version with numbered
paragraphs, making it easy to search. I don't know how to do this; it's
a little difficult with my gear. So someone else would have to do it if
you think it is worth while.
A good idea to keep the topics and discussions in a way that they can be
found easily. How about using the "Files" section? There could be a
"beginners study" folder and in it all the relevant files and e-mails. I
can make html files easily, no problemo amigo. I'll have plenty of time
this w/end with no list mail : )

But we need the author's permission to put up material from her book in
these files- Nina? could we, please?

Lucy

LBIDD@...

Lucy,

I'm sure whatever you have in mind would be great. I'm ready to move on
to the next chunk of dhamma. Do you want to put something up?

Larry
-------------
Lucy:...A good idea to keep the topics and discussions in a way that
they can be found easily. How about using the "Files" section? There
could be a "beginners study" folder and in it all the relevant files and
e-mails. I can make html files easily, no problemo amigo. I'll have
plenty of time this w/end with no list mail : )
But we need the author's permission to put up material from her book in
these files- Nina? could we, please?
Lucy

Sarah <sarahdhhk@...>

Dear Larry, Lucy and ADLers,

--- LBIDD@webtv.net wrote:

On a procedural note, if it's not too much trouble, someone could email
the section we are going to study in html without comment so it's
exactly the same as the web version and we could also number the
paragraphs so there would be an archived version with numbered
paragraphs, making it easy to search. I don't know how to do this; it's
a little difficult with my gear. So someone else would have to do it if
you think it is worth while.
These sound like great ideas, Larry. I think Lucy has already said she can
do this and put it in a folder in the �Files�. Lucy, I know Nina is
always happy for anyone to use material from her books as you are
planning. May I suggest that for relevant emails, you consider putting a
code in the subject headings such as �ADL� or �ADL1�, �ADL2� and then it
is very easy to have them all listed in an ADL search on escribe
http://www.escribe.com/religion/dhammastudygroup/
without needing to add them ALL to the folder which may get a little
�overwhelmed� in due course (at the present rate;-).

We�re also just a little careful about space which is limited in Files. A
member just asked us about putting audio tapes (from India) there, for
example, but there isn�t the memory on a yahoo discussion list for these
which, with full texts, can easily be accessed on websites by link.

If you run into technical probs, you could try asking Kom off-list for
tips, but I�m sure he�ll be more than happy to leave it all in your
capable hands as he�s always very busy.

As predicted, nothing boring about studying Abhidhamma with you lot;-)

Sarah

Nina van Gorkom <nilo@...>

op 12-03-2002 21:08 schreef Lucy op selene@clara.co.uk:

Hi all

A good idea to keep the topics and discussions in a way that they can be
found easily. How about using the "Files" section? There could be a
"beginners study" folder and in it all the relevant files and e-mails. I
can make html files easily, no problemo amigo. I'll have plenty of time
this w/end with no list mail : )

But we need the author's permission to put up material from her book in
these files- Nina? could we, please?
Yes, Lucy, of course, with pleasure.
Nina