Re: Zoom CN Dhamma discussion Aug. 20th: Innermost

alberto

Hi Lukas,

L: It's not easy for me. And I am looking for a cure for my illness. So I had been considering that the feeling unpleasant or pleasant is conditioned, it's only feeling, is gonna go. I don't know, I am desperate, and I am trying everything.

A: I remember in Huahin Ajahn reminding us to go to doctors and take their medicines to cure the body and that the Dhamma is the best medicine to cure the mind... take care of both your body and your mind the best that you can! what else can you do? I've found this sutta reminding us that thinking with expectations is conditioned, just as thinking without them is.

<<<<<<
“And how, householder, does one entertain expectations? Here, householder, someone thinks: ‘May I have such form in the future! May I have such feeling in the future! May I have such perception in the future! May I have such volitional formations in the future! May I have such consciousness in the future!’
It is in such a way that one entertains expectations.
“And how, householder, is one without expectations? Here, householder, someone does not think: ‘May I have such form in the future! May I have such feeling in the future! May I have such perception in the future! May I have such volitional formations in the future! [12] May I have such consciousness in the future!’
It is in such a way that one is without expectations.