Re: Zoom CN Dhamma discussion Aug. 20th: Innermost

Sarah Abbott

Edited

Alberto (& Lukas)

Lukas: Innermost, what was that in Vibhanga? The term for inner most, hadaya? It must be only that in this case while instances of cittas are so compassionate explained by Thathagatha. This cannot be confused with ajjhatta/bahiddha. So only innermost means hadaya I think , like heart, aint it Alberto?

Al: Yes I think so too, like in the heart of the matter... innermost!

S: (As discussed a short while ago)

Yes, hadaya is a synonym for citta, the innermost nāma, manāyatana

This is not to be confused with the subtle rūpa, hadaya which arises in a group conditioned by kamma and is the vatthu (base) for all cittas in this realm aparat from seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting and touching. As a subtle rūpa it's dhammāyatana, the outer āyatana.

Sarah