Topics

YaDDNet Registration

John Pumford-Green

Hello all,

I have now put in place a filter of Receiver IDs on YaDDNet to restrict the ability to upload DSC messages to only registered users.

In the first stage I've added all current uploaders, those who have uploaded data within the last 30 days.

Not included on the access list are those people who have already been responsible for uploading significant quantities of bogus data which needed manual intervention to clean up - and done so more than 3 times, despite repeated requests from me to be careful with configuring YaDD to prevent this.

I now want to begin a NEW list of registered users, arranged via this group, so that all members of the group know who (and where) each YaDDNet reporter is. I will maintain a "YaDDNet Members" list - possibly in the files section of the group - so that everyone can find out which ID belongs to which person, and where in the world they are located.

I will require all uploaders to be members of this group : "The DSC List".

YaDDNet will no longer accept input from ad hoc receiver IDs, even from existing users. Each new RX ID will need to be registered before it will be allowed to upload data.

I want to include as much VALID data,from as many people as possible, in YaDDNet, and I don't want to exclude people from uploading unless they have demonstrated a lack of care in the quality of their data.

Anyone who has already been excluded MAY request access, on the understanding that they MUST ensure that they take better care in future.

I know a registration system won't prevent bad data, but at least I/we will know how to contact the responsible person. At the moment many of the people uploading are not known to us, other than by their RX ID and their IP address (http://gm4slv.plus.com:8000/pages/php/logger_ip.php)

To begin the registration process....

Please send a message to the group with the following information:

Your Name
Your Location : Country/City and IARU Locator
Your Choice of Receiver ID(s) : you may register multiple IDs.
Your email address

I won't accept direct email requests, please send only to the DSC List itself, so that everything is visible to the community.

ALL CURRENT UPLOADERS MUST ALSO SEND THE REQUIRED INFORMATION

Once I have a list of users I will replace the current access-list with a new one carrying only the receiver IDs registered in this way.

At some point in the near future I will also change the network UDP/IP port that accepts YaDDNet messages, and communicate the new information to registered uploaders privately. This will reduce the unsolicited traffic from people who use YaDD's default settings.

I am also intending to change the policy of data retention on YaDDNet - and will send a message about my thoughts separately.

Regards,

John
GM4SLV

YaDDNet

http://gm4slv.plus.com:8000/index.php

Meyrath Willi

Hello John
firstly, thanks a lot for keeping this fine service up and running!
I specifically like the the search options you provide, and hope I do not steal to much processing power by using them quite often ;-)
And of course I understand the importance of having correct frequencies in the log.

Here are my data:

Name: Willy
Location : Austria, Vienna, Locator JN88FF
Choice of Receiver ID(s) : OE3WYC
                                          OE3WYC-1 (please add this ID for future use, if possible)

email address: oe3wyc@...
_ _
Receiver currently is an EKD315.
Aerial is a 2x12m "doublet" in the backyard. Only 7m AGL.

73 and good DXing
Willy
OE3WYC, OE1WYC, OE1XHC, OEX5091

PS: Sorry for the late response - just returned from vacation as 9A/OE3WYC  ;-)

Marcus Ramos

Hi John

So there is:

MARCUS RAMOS
BRAZIL // S.B. CAMPO // GG66rf
RX ID = PY3CRXPY2PLL (used to be)
py2pll (at) py.qsl.br

I'm a bit away from any radio related activity but ocasionally I keep one receiver running DSC or NAVTEX.

All uploaded data will be from the vy same /29 IP range.

73
Marcus
PY3CRX (mobile)
PY2PLL (base)
GG66rf - S. B. Campo - BRA

John Pumford-Green

On 05/07/2019 08:40, John Pumford-Green wrote:
Hello all,
To begin the registration process....
Please send a message to the group with the following information:
Your Name
Your Location : Country/City and IARU Locator
Your Choice of Receiver ID(s) : you may register multiple IDs.
Your email address

Hello All,

I have had several requests for "registration" to upload to YaDDNet.

So far the following have been added to a new access database:

JO44QO Thomas (tiNG)
GM4SLV John Pumford-Green
Dorset_UK Richard Ware (Rich)
NL8811 Frikko Nuijen
HOL-DUOr Hendrik J. Hamer
HOL-NRD-220 Hendrik J. Hamer
HOL-WR-G31DDC Hendrik J. Hamer
IZ8294SWL Rosario Palermo
IO75-01 David Atkins
IO75-02 David Atkins
IO75-04 David Atkins
G4EMM Neil Richardson
G4EMM_RX2 Neil Richardson
N8NJ Larry Weaver
F1DOQ Dominique Nicolleau
NL-Apeld-BV-ClbriN Bert Vierhout
NL-Apeld-BV-FcDPr+ Bert Vierhout
NL-Apeld-BV-Variab Bert Vierhout
EM79wp-Ohio Stephen Carmin
EA2NR@IN72kt Kepa Moreno
OE3WYC Willy
OE3WYC-1 Willy
PY3CRXPY2PLL MARCUS RAMOS

My plan is to switch over to using ONLY the "new" membership list within the next few days.

I see there are still several of the regular uploaders not yet on the list. Hopefully they will register in time for the new system to be implemented.

I will add any new IDs to my current temporary access list, in the meantime.

Regards,

John
GM4SLV

Mats A

Hi John,
I'm wondering if this DSC stuff is contagious :)

Anyway, i kindly ask you to register my RX ID's

Regular receiver ID's:
MAJO88BN-1    2187.5 kHz
MAJO88BN-2    2182.0 kHz
MAJO88BN-3    2177.0 kHz
MAJO88BN-4    2189.5 kHz
MAJO88BN-5    4207.5 kHz
MAJO88BN-6    4208.0 kHz
MAJO88BN-7    4208.5 kHz
MAJO88BN-8    4209.0 kHz

Occasional receiver ID:
MAJO88BN-9    6312.0 kHz

Web SDR's used at occasions on various DSC frequencies, which may be registered at your discretion.
MAJO64        location JO64
MAJO66        location JO66
MAJO97        location JO97
MAJO99        location JO99
MAJP80        location JP80
MAKP03        location KP03
MAKP20        location KP20
MAKP25        location KP25

What kind of drugs can cure this?

Name: Mats Anderzén
Location: Sverige, Norrköping
Grid Locator (IARU): JO88BN
Email address:  yadd at androd dot se
SWL gear: FDM-S2 + LZ1AQ loop @ 4m
I understand why the receiver frequency must match the settings in YADD.

Best regards
//Mats

C. van Ravenswaaij

Hi John,

A bit late due to holidays, but here is my information:

Cornel van Ravenswaaij
Rotsterhaule, The Netherlands
JO22WV

ID's will be:
BDXC_CvR_2177
BDXC_CvR_2187.5
BDXC_CvR_4207.5
BDXC_CvR_6312
BDXC_CvR_8414.5
BDXC_CvR_12577
BDXC_CvR_16804.5

Receivers are Racal RA3701 (main receiver for DSC), FDM-S2, LimeSDR with Spyverter (to cover all freqs at the same time).

Best regards,

Cornel

ra1amw@...

On Fri, Jul 5, 2019 at 10:40 AM, John Pumford-Green wrote:

Dear John,

KIndly request you to put my DSC RX in the list

Name: Vasily
Location : Russia/St.Petersburg KP40UM
Receiver ID(s) : RA1AMW Op.Vasily
Email address: ra1amw@...
73's

Vasily-
RA1AMW

Dryden f4vrg

Hi John,

Apologies for the belated registration request, not very active atm due to HF QRM issues.

Name: Dryden
Location : IARU Locator
JN13PM

Receiver ID(s) : f4vrg-rx1, f4vrg-rx2