Topics

YaDD scan-option with sdr#

Norgetal

Hi @all

after the change from mac onto a win-pc (only for the hobby;-) ) i use YaDD together with SDR#, my sdr is an airspy discovery. In the last days i tried to setup a monitoring with the scanner option in YaDD so it can run 24h over all the frequencies.
Therefor I installed the com0com-tool and the cat plugin in sdr#. But it doesn't run. With some other tools the same result. The scanner-option in YaDD doesn't change the frequency in sdr#.
So i ask me, if that is generally possible?
Or has somebody any hints for me?

greetings
klaus

Rosario

Hi Klaus,
I'm sorry to disappoint you but unfortunately this doesn't work, you will have to proceed as usual: "same frequency on the receiver and on YADD.

P.S.
The possibility of monitoring multiple frequencies was designed only for the Perseus, but those who tried it only made big messes in YADDnet.

Regards

Rosario

Norgetal

Thanks Rosario, than I can close this case with sdr#. Perhaps I changed with dsc to my Icom R75. A short run show me, that YaDD can change the frequency without problems, it runs the loop from 2177 to 16xxx kHz or the marked frequencies and than begins again. I had no time the last two days to test it closer, but will do that. Especially the time it takes to test a frequency could be a problem.
vy73, Klaus

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 10:19 PM, Rosario wrote:

I'm sorry to disappoint you but unfortunately this doesn't work, you will have
to proceed as usual: "same frequency on the receiver and on YADD.

Rosario

Hi Klaus,
I'm talking to you about my experience, to get satisfactory results it is convenient to choose a frequency you want to monitor and then do it constantly for days.

Don't jump from one frequency to another, perseverance always rewards.
If you want to monitor more than one, you will have to use more than one receiver.

Regards

Rosario