Topics

Vessel Info on Yaddnet

John Pumford-Green

Hello all, again,

On 17/12/2019 23:52, John Pumford-Green via Groups.Io wrote:
For my part, and totally unconnected to Yadd2map, I will have to re-think my own use of Marine Traffic's hyperlinks on www.yaddnet.org - and perhaps remove them from the displayed tables, since Marine Traffic have broken the functionality.
I have made a temporary change to www.yaddnet.org to test a different method of linking to a ship's information.

Instead of using "Marine Traffic" I'm trying "myshiptracking.com":

eg linking to the URL:

https://www.myshiptracking.com/vessels/257060000

automatically takes you to the page:

https://www.myshiptracking.com/vessels/njord-viking-mmsi-257060000-imo-9423827

for the vessel Njord Viking.

So far I have only made this change on the "band today" pages, eg

http://www.yaddnet.org/pages/php/band_today.php?timescale=1&coast=%25&rx_freq=2

where the hyperlink for a Ship will now take you to myshiptracking.com instead of to MarineTraffic.com.

The other pages in www.yaddnet.org may be modified in due course, or the use of hyperlinks to external AIS websites might be removed.

There might be a workaround like this that the author of yadd2map could find?

Regards,

John
GM4SLV

--
http://www.yaddnet.org/index.php

Mauro

Good evening everyone,
yaddnet works and the connection to marine traffic also works. Now we need YaddtoMap to work ...
I hope the author will make changes.
Thanking you in advance 73!

Mauro