Topics

SIMAC

doh@...

HI all,

In week 40 and 41 SIMAC will conduct GMDSS course. Hopefully some of our Safety Check will reach your radios.

I would like comments on this site if you receive any of them, because it's so nice for me to use the information in class to demonstrate the range for DSC on different bands.

I hope you'll help me - the course is running Monday till Friday week 40 and Monday till Wednesday week 41.

Best regards,

Dorte

Head of GMDSS/SIMAC

Mats A

Hi Dorte,

what kind of setup do you have at SIMAC, such as
- Transmitter power
- Description of antenna arrangement

It's always nice to know how much humpf in the ether we might anticipate.

//Mats

Calico

Hello,

Thank you for the notice.
Where is the training venue please?
Will there be any training in the UK at some point?

Thank you,
Tim

On 30 Sep 2019, at 06:20, Mats A <omnia@...> wrote:

Hi Dorte,

what kind of setup do you have at SIMAC, such as
- Transmitter power
- Description of antenna arrangement

It's always nice to know how much humpf in the ether we might anticipate.

//Mats

doh@...

Hi Tim,
The course is going on in Svendborg - Denmark. Aprox pos: 55.03N 010.36E
I don't know how they teach in UK - sorry? So I cannot answer that part?
Regards,
Dorte

doh@...

Hi Mats,

I have 4 radioes in total. The one I use the most transmit with 150W but I also have one with 250W and one with 500W. They are part of a full ship station (4 stations) allthough the Navigational School don't move much.

Antennaes are alike - all aprox 8 meters whip antennaes. Each radio have their own set of antennaes. So the roof more or less looks like a hedgehog.

I do though have some difficulties with power on 6mHz on one of my radios - it transmit with only 8W there. It will be solved soon I hope.

Regards

Dorte

david

Hello Dorte,

I have kept an eye out for your transmissions, but I only logged the one in the past week.

20191003 2038 2187.5 219016306 Simac-1 XPE3817, Denmark

I am located at Tighnabruaich, W Scotland, IO75jv (55°54'18"N 005°14'07"W), so the distance isn't great. I use a PA0RDT Mini-whip antenna, which is remarkably good at lower HF frequencies.

I'll keep listening for your students.

Best Wishes
David, GM8XBZ

In week 40 and 41 SIMAC will conduct GMDSS course. Hopefully some of our Safety Check will reach your radios.

I would like comments on this site if you receive any of them, because it's so nice for me to use the information in class to demonstrate the range for DSC on different bands.

I hope you'll help me - the course is running Monday till Friday week 40 and Monday till Wednesday week 41.

Best regards,

Dorte

Head of GMDSS/SIMAC

doh@...

Hello David,

How nice that we actually has been capable of getting to Scotland on 2187,5. Normally for the time being we hear nothing on MF freqs!

Thanks for your report :-)

Best regards

Dorte