Topics

Polish Rescue Radio MMSI 002618102

Richard Ware

Hello folks

I’m not au fait with the Polish Language but the MMSI number on the attachment caught my attention. It’s been logged recently on 2177.0 and 2187.5 kc/s

Hello again

Apparently "stycznia" is Polish for January, so it looks like this
station (part of Witowo Radio, looking at the lifebelt on the
bulkhead) is going 'live' as from 1st Jan 2020

Rich

Michael Oexner

Hello Rich & list,

Good find!

I did some searches and found the following:

The Maritime Office of Gdynia advises mariners that it is planning to
establish a new maritime radio station, the Polish Rescue Radio (SPL),
which is to be operational as of January 1, 2020. As the Maritime
Safety Information facility, the Polish Rescue Radio is to take over
the services provided by the Witowo Maritime Radio Station (SPS),
which will stop operating at the above date. Detailed information will
be promulgated in mid-December, as soon as delivered by the Maritime
Office.

Hello folks
I’m not au fait with the Polish Language but the MMSI number on the
attachment caught my attention. It’s been logged recently on 2177.0 and 2187.5 kc/s
vy 73 + gd DX,

Michael

ENDBH, GNDBH & NANDBH editor

http://ndbchangeblog.blogspot.com

Michael Oexner

Hello Rich & list,

The complete official details can be found in this issue of the
Notices to Mariners:

https://bhmw.gov.pl/c/news/pdf/2019/12/WZ_51-52_2019_kWnu4Rh.pdf

Correction to the publication of List of Nautical Radio Stations No 530, 2018 edition
Last revision: JCE 46/2019
The correction contains 5 pages.

s. 167-168 - MARINE RADIO STATIONS. POLAND. Witowo (SPS). Termination
of operations. Delete all data. New maritime radio station. POLISH
RESCUE RADIO (SPL). Paste in the following data.

Polish Rescue Radio (SPL)
Telephone: +48 58 355 36 70
Fax: +48 58 620 53 63
+48 58 620 53 28
E-mail: gmdss@...
Communication in distress and to maintain safety at sea.
GMDSS Zone A-2
MMSI: 002618102 Range: 150 Nm (Ustka)
MF DSC Hearing 2187.5 kHz (H24)
Frequency Power Emission Received
2187.5 kHz 1kW F1B 2187.5 kHz
2177.0 kHz 1kW F1B 2189.5 kHz*
* Routine and test calls
MF Radiotelex Call Signal. (SEL CALL): 2934; listening 2174.5 kHz (H24)
Frequency Power Emission Receive
2174,5 kHz 1kW F1B 2174,5 kHz
MF Phonia Hearing 2182.0 kHz (H24)
Transmission Power Emission Receive
2182 kHz 1kW J3E 2182 kHz
2591 kHz 1kW J3E 2090 kHz

--

On Mon, 23 Dec 2019 at 22:07, Michael Oexner <michael.oexner@...> wrote:

Hello Rich & list,

Good find!

I did some searches and found the following:

The Maritime Office of Gdynia advises mariners that it is planning to
establish a new maritime radio station, the Polish Rescue Radio (SPL),
which is to be operational as of January 1, 2020. As the Maritime
Safety Information facility, the Polish Rescue Radio is to take over
the services provided by the Witowo Maritime Radio Station (SPS),
which will stop operating at the above date. Detailed information will
be promulgated in mid-December, as soon as delivered by the Maritime
Office.
---------------------------------
Thanks for that Michael.
I brought up the page on the laptop and ran it through Google Translate.
It's interesting reading. Lots of remote tx sites. Gosh, I do hope we
manage to pin down the right one when we hear it.
No doubt ships will still call Witowo long after it's closed. Think
Lyngby and H/F

(thanks for your input as well, Michael O)

It's all good stuff

On 23/12/2019 21:57, Richard Ware wrote:
Hello folks
I’m not au fait with the Polish Language but the MMSI number on the attachment caught my attention. It’s been logged recently on 2177.0 and 2187.5 kc/s
Nice find Rich,

I've added "002618102 = Polish Rescue Radio" to YaDDNet's Coast Station list and auto-corrected all the previous reports for 002618102, changing them from "UNID" to "Polish Rescue Radio".

Another mystery solved.

http://www.yaddnet.org/index.php

peter

On 23/12/2019 23:26, John Pumford-Green wrote:

On 23/12/2019 21:57, Richard Ware wrote:
Hello folks

I’m not au fait with the Polish Language but the MMSI number on the attachment caught my attention. It’s been logged recently on 2177.0 and 2187.5 kc/s
Hi Rich and all,

More good detective work Rich! I'll update the status of 002618102 on REU accordingly

73,
Peter