Topics

Mystery Carrier on 2187.5

david

Hello All,
For several hours, I have been seeing/hearing a constant carrier on 2187.5
It is quite strong, here in IO75, and many signals are not being decoded
because of it. We have seen this sort of interference before, presumably
caused by a 'stuck' transmitter somewhere. I wonder how far it is
detectable. Does anyone else see it?

Best Wishes
David, GM8XBZ

Hendrik J. Hamer

Yes it's here in Vriezenveen NL more or less for a Long time too.

Op zo 27 okt. 2019 10:58 schreef david via Groups.Io <zinc65=btinternet.com@groups.io>:

Hello All,
For several hours, I have been seeing/hearing a constant carrier on 2187.5
It is quite strong, here in IO75, and many signals are not being decoded
because of it. We have seen this sort of interference before, presumably
caused by a 'stuck' transmitter somewhere. I wonder how far it is
detectable. Does anyone else see it?

Best Wishes
David, GM8XBZ

fj nuijen

Hi David

Here also a carrier on 2.187.5 variable s5 to s9 in JO33lb
I have the notch filter in working so i decode most of the traffic
That carrier came up yesterday evenening but i have no idea where it comes from.

Have a nice sunday
Best regards
Frikko NL8811

Thomas (tiNG)

Good morning.

Has someone tried to TDoA it via the Kiwi-SDR-network at http://sdr.hu?

I'm on vacation so I'm only only with my smartphone. Otherwise I'd try some attempts.

Kind regards.

Thomas (tiNG)
      Please reply to funkraum@...
     or contact me on ICQ# 144 821 677
   QTH: 54°36'49''N 009°22'43''E, JO44QO
   JRC NRD-525 + VHF/UHF, 2x Icom IC-R71,
     Siemens RK770, Philips D2935 with
      assorted antennas and software.
Am 27.10.2019 um 11:22 schrieb fj nuijen:

Hi David

Here also a carrier on 2.187.5 variable s5 to s9 in JO33lb
I have the notch filter in working so i decode most of the traffic
That carrier came up yesterday evenening but i have no idea where it comes from.

Have a nice sunday
Best regards
Frikko NL8811

Hendrik J. Hamer

Hi Friko

Here in Vriezenveen JO32hj the carrier is there for a Long time. But yesterday it became very strong.

73 HJ  HOL******

Verzonden vanaf mijn Samsung Galaxy-smartphone.

Here also a carrier on 2.187.5 variable s5 to s9 in JO33lb
I have the notch filter in working so i decode most of the traffic
That carrier came up yesterday evenening but i have no idea where it comes from.

Have a nice sunday
Best regards
Frikko NL8811

Richard Ware

On Sun, 27 Oct 2019 at 09:58, david via Groups.Io
<zinc65=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello All,
For several hours, I have been seeing/hearing a constant carrier on 2187.5
It is quite strong, here in IO75, and many signals are not being decoded
because of it. We have seen this sort of interference before, presumably
caused by a 'stuck' transmitter somewhere. I wonder how far it is
detectable. Does anyone else see it?
---------------

David/folks

It was being a right pain in the anodes here last night. I've got a
screen grab of the last time this happened and it was on the Saturday
when we 'flogged the clocks' last year. Same as yesterday. Coincidence
or something else?. Are we being got at? !

Rich
Dorset_UK

Jay Law

Hi All

Massive signal on De Leidsche Kiwi at 2241.5 to 2244.5 - 3KHz wide, looks like harmonics above and below (one of which 2187.5)

--
Best Regards & Good DX

Jay

peter

Hi all,

Can reduce it considerably here by setting loop NW-SE.....

Peter

Bert Vierhout

I see this constant signal too in Netherlands Apeldoorn strength S9. This causes mucht errors in the logs.

Bert Vierhout

Op 27-10-2019 om 11:19 schreef Hendrik J. Hamer:

Yes it's here in Vriezenveen NL more or less for a Long time too.

Op zo 27 okt. 2019 10:58 schreef david via Groups.Io <zinc65=btinternet.com@groups.io>:
Hello All,
For several hours, I have been seeing/hearing a constant carrier on 2187.5
It is quite strong, here in IO75, and many signals are not being decoded
because of it. We have seen this sort of interference before, presumably
caused by a 'stuck' transmitter somewhere. I wonder how far it is
detectable. Does anyone else see it?

Best Wishes
David, GM8XBZ

phil lebreton

Hello,
Here in West of France in97. Received s5
20h45 10/27/19

Bst rgds
Philippe

Télécharger Outlook pour Android

Here in Vriezenveen JO32hj the carrier is there for a Long time. But yesterday it became very strong.

73 HJ  HOL******

Verzonden vanaf mijn Samsung Galaxy-smartphone.

Here also a carrier on 2.187.5 variable s5 to s9 in JO33lb
I have the notch filter in working so i decode most of the traffic
That carrier came up yesterday evenening but i have no idea where it comes from.

Have a nice sunday
Best regards
Frikko NL8811

phil lebreton