Re: New to DSC

Frans Vink

Paul,

DSC is primarily on MF and HF, 2187.5 4207.5 6312 8414.5 12577 16804.5. On these frequencies you can receive the world, depending on conditions. A wire antenna will do a pretty good job.  Lower frequencies are effective during hours of darkness between your QTH and the transmitter. The higher frequencies are the opposite, while 6 and 8 are effective 24/24.

DSC is also available on VHF, there you will be able to receive local traffic only. Your wire antenna is not going to be very useful for this. A dipole or discone antenna is probably a lot more effective.

Make sure you calibrate YADD in the signal/calibration tab.

Hope this helps,

Frans