Re: YaDDNet Migration!

John Pumford-Green

On Sat, 26 Oct 2019 20:18:12 +0000
"Richard Ware" <richardjware@...> wrote:

On Sat, 26 Oct 2019 at 18:55, John Pumford-Green <gm4slv@...>
wrote:

It's been running since early this morning, and I've set up a feed
of data from the original YaDDNet to test it, and keep it up to
date with the data being fed to YaDDNet.
-------------
It's looking good John. I'm seeing what I'd expect to see
Thanks Alan, if you're monitoring
Great stuff

Rich

After 24 hours of testing, and feeding a mirror of the data from
"original" YaDDNet I see many uploaders have successfully changed to
sending data directly to the new server.

This morning I've turned off the "mirror" from "original" YaDDNet.

This means "new" YaDDNet will only have data from those uploaders that
have made the necessary change in YaDD or DSCDecoder to use:

64.235.39.127

as the Remote Log address.

Hopefully over the next day or so everybody will migrate across and I
can turn off the old YaDDNet server. I've already "hidden" the webpage
views of old YaDDNEt (although it's still there...somewhere) and
replaced it with an explanatory page:

http://gm4slv.plus.com:8000/index.php

Regards,