Re: Huge numbers of Page Faults on YaDD compared to YaND

Dirk Claessens

Hi Mats,

Below is a screenshot of my Win 10/8GB (Dutch) system. The 3d column "Harde fouten/sec" = Hard page errors/sec is showing zero for all apps/services, and it stays there.
On your system, all apps are showing page faults but Yand/Yadd/SDRConsole show the most.
I have no idea why...

Perhaps, as a first test: reboot the system, then run only one instance of Yadd or Yand, and see what happens.
If the page fault count goes down dramatically, start another instance, see what happens, and so on.
This is the best I can think of, this is hard to diagnose from a distance.

Regards - Dirk

On 7/05/2019 21:48, Mats A wrote:
Hi Dirk,

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 08:38 PM, Dirk Claessens wrote:
are Yadd/Yand the only applications that show this behaviour?
Yepp, look at the screenshot below.

The page file is 8 GB, but i doubt the memory are low. Please look at the screenshot in my previous post, it is steady on 2.5 GB.
There may be some correlation with the page faults and the size of the databases as the 2187.5 database contains about 107.000 records and the 2182.0 database contains 478 records. If that is the case i still don't understand why the page fault delta count up exactly the same amount for every second even if no message are decoded or the databases are not written to or read from (unless there are some routines that read from the database every second).

The behavior described on the "new" computer are the same as with the "old" PC, that only had 4 GB of memory from the beginning, which later on was expended to 8GB wihtout any noticeable difference.

It's not a big deal but It caught my attention when running YaND, which i believe share much of codebase with YaDD.

Best regards
//Mats