Re: Possible 006010060

Mats A

Hi All.

Maybe i'm getting this wrong, but.
To me it looks as 006010060 is a shore-based installation, used for test communications from ships when doing radio surveys or service.
Imtech Marine (Previously known by some of you as Radio Holland) is a well known supplier in the ship nav and comms business, and they seems to be present in Cape Town.

So the 006010060 may not be a "Coast radio station", but rather a "regular ship radio station located ashore" doing some DSC stuff.
We have (or have had) something similar here in Sweden where a local service supplier uses a ship transceiver located ashore at the west coast.

//Mats