Re: New DSC user

Chris Black <n1cp@...>

Hi David, I really appreciate your inputs. I think I have come to the conclusion that DSC is more of a full time job than I need at this time.
In addition to Ham radio, I DX MW and NDB and dabble some in Navtex and sometimes even try to have a life, hi!
All the best, live long and prosper
Chris

On Feb 14, 2019, at 7:51 AM, Richard Ware <richardjware@...> wrote:

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 at 15:29, Chris Black <n1cp@...> wrote:

Thanks for that. Don’t know if you use NAVtEX but is there some kind of message database where you can verify messages. I see conflicting info on the location identifier.
Back to DSC, is there a reference for the shore location numbers. You mentioned editing but that presumes you know what to edit.
--------------------------------------

I don't 'do' Navtex

As for the shore station MMSI numbers, this is the one we use
It's formatted for YADD, not DSC decoder, so you'll have to look on
that list for the station(s) you want, make any notes and add the info
to your coaststaion.txt file

http://gm4slv.plus.com:8000/pages/php/test/mmsi_coast.php

I know there's a list of SHIP MMSI/name tie-ups in a format you can
use for DSC decoder but offhand I can't find one for coast stations.
I'll have another search
(John, is there such a list for DSC decoder?)

Here's the link to the list of SHIP MMSI numbers for DSC decoder anyway

http://gm4slv.plus.com:8000/pages/php/mmsi_shipname_ordered.php

You need to select the shipid.txt format
Remember to rename your original file as a precaution in case things
go wrong, as the new one will become your new shipid.txt file and
that's the one you'll be using