Re: dsc log

Richard Ware

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 at 12:04, david via Groups.Io
<zinc65=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello All,

I see the RNLI College in Poole has been very active in the last couple of days. They are getting out well, too, as both John and I logged them from the north, and Vincent from the East (amongst others).
Is this a training course, or are there some boats being refitted and tested?
-------------------------------
David/folks

Poole is the RNLI HQ. It's also the location of their training college
and the home of the ALC (all-weather lifeboat centre). It's where they
build them, overhaul them and refit them so there's always something
scooting about in Poole Harbour either on trials, on training, ex
maintenance or whatever. They could also be doing radio tests with new
or overhauled equipment. The Inshore Lifeboat Centre is at Cowes, Isle
of Wight.

My logging of Poole on Ch70 on 10th was the first time I've logged it on Ch70

Cheers