Re: REU - DSC Logs from W Scotland

Richard Ware

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 at 12:29, david via Groups.Io
<zinc65=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

A first full week monitoring 2177kHz. It is a relatively quiet band, and
most of the traffic I have been seeing has been from Scandinavians. I don't
know if that is a function of my location, or if that is a more general
observation.
---------------

David/folks
It's the same down here in the Deep South.of the UK
Looking back through my logs, apart from Valencia and Coruna, the only
other non-Scandinavian shore station logged was Reykjavik back in 2017

I'm on 2177 now and the only coast stations logged so far today have
been PC Norway and Rogaland

The UNID 258999299 only seems to exchange messages with Vestfold College. I
wonder if it is, in fact, part of the College campus that they use for
training purposes.

Me too.
I was toying with the idea of firing off an email to the College but
it appears they do a lot more than just maritime courses so my query
would probably get lost somewhere amongst the plethora of more
important (to them, anyway!) messages.

Onwards and upwards