Re: The weekly DSC log from Dorset

Richard Ware

On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 at 16:36, peter via Groups.Io
<peterconway.ndb=talktalk.net@groups.io> wrote:

Nice to see your weekly logs. Yes Corsen still absent here on MF but I
see it on Ch70 depending on 'lift' conditions and then often at 0500z
when it self checks. Interesting to note you see Milford Haven on VHF,
here it's only been logged 3 times since 2015 - lastly in June this year!
-------------------------

Peter/folks

Milford Haven: although it's a regular on Ch16 it's still a bit of a
rarity on Ch70. The 'grotty yachties' in the Severn are probably more
well behaved than those in the Solent and stick to the gentleman's
agreement that testing with a CRS on Ch70 is frowned on.

Noted your comments re Corsen. I get the same thing here at 0600z with
Gris Nez (usually a max of 6 self-tests) and Jobourg (just the single
self-test telling itself to go to ch68).
I'm surprised about Gris Nez as (a) I wouldn't normally expect to hear
something at that range on a regular basis and (b) I don't hear a
squeak out of it for the rest of the day. It's almost as if what I'm
hearing isn't coming from Gris Nez but from a remote site nearer to
me.

A pity I got rid of that old Datong DF machine I had way back-along !