Re: how to fill in a correct reception report

Richard Ware

Hello all

Further to earlier messages, although I don’t go in for QSL-ing ships or coast stations, since monitoring Ch70 I have started to take more interest in the ships I’m logging rather than coast stations. I use the GISIS portal of the IMO site.

Gisis dot imo dot org

Registration to the public access area is required (it’s free). Then search the ‘Ship and Company Particulars’ area

I’ve attached some screen grabs to give you an idea of what you can see

Incidentally, the ship I have highlighted (GH STORM CAT) is shown as SAINTY VALIANT on YADDNet but its name was changed way back iin December 2014 !