Re: Belfast CG on Ch70, or was it?

Richard Ware <richardjware@...>

On Tue, 28 Apr 2020 at 08:14, John Pumford-Green <gm4slv@...> wrote:

VHF/MF, it's all the same, the site used to transmit a reply is usually
the one the initial call was received on. The MMSI used on the reply is
the one that was used on the call received.
The sooner they move to a single UK Coastguard MMSI the better - not
good for our love of collecting, perhaps, but it makes more sense than
seeing "Belfast's MMSI" coming out of a site on the English Channel?

Thanks for that John. Yes, it's a right pain in the propshaft.
I'm seeing it a lot now I've started to take a closer look at the
positions of the ships I'm logging on Ch70

Cheers
Stay safe