Topics

Wasserstein or Bottleneck Mapping

K.A.Garside2@...

Hi Dmitriy,

Is it possible to obtain, using the library, the optimal mapping of points for either the bottleneck or wasserstein distance?

Thanks!

Dmitriy Morozov

In the case of the bottleneck distance, only the longest edge is uniquely defined -- there are many matchings that satisfy the constraints. There is a pull request [1] that provides a way to get this longest edge, but I haven't merged it. You could use that fork directly, if you like. But I do need to merge it as well.

In the case of the Wasserstein distance, Hera (the underlying library) doesn't expose this functionality. It's on our to-do list to fix it, but currently it's not available.

Dmitriy