Topics

Issues with downloading

@Ilin

So I am trying to download and use Dionysus. I use python 2.7 on Anaconda on Windows 8.1. However when I try to pip install I get the following error messages 

Failed Building wheel for dionysus.

and

Command "C:\Users\user\Anaconda3\python.exe -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;_
_file__='c:\\users\\user\\appdata\\local\\temp\\pip-install-0qq54w\\dionysus\\se
tup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\r\n'
, '\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" install --record c:\use
rs\user\appdata\local\temp\pip-record-jli4zz\install-record.txt --single-version
-externally-managed --compile" failed with error code 1 in c:\users\user\appdata
\local\temp\pip-install-0qq54w\dionysus\

I have downloaded boost so I am not sure what the issue might be.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dmitriy Morozov

The issue of installing Dionysus on Windows has come up before, but unfortunately it doesn't have a good solution. One person succeeded using MinGW compiler, but I don't think anyone has replicated this effort. Unfortunately, I have no experience with Windows myself.

I suggest you look through the archives of this mailing list. https://groups.io/g/dionysus/messages

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 9:55 PM <ilinfizika@...> wrote:
So I am trying to download and use Dionysus. I use python 2.7 on Anaconda on Windows 8.1. However when I try to pip install I get the following error messages 

Failed Building wheel for dionysus.

and

Command "C:\Users\user\Anaconda3\python.exe -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;_
_file__='c:\\users\\user\\appdata\\local\\temp\\pip-install-0qq54w\\dionysus\\se
tup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\r\n'
, '\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" install --record c:\use
rs\user\appdata\local\temp\pip-record-jli4zz\install-record.txt --single-version
-externally-managed --compile" failed with error code 1 in c:\users\user\appdata
\local\temp\pip-install-0qq54w\dionysus\

I have downloaded boost so I am not sure what the issue might be.

Thanks in advance for any help.

@Ilin

Sorry for the late reply,
Thank you for the response, I'll probably just end up using a virtual machine to set up a Linux environment.