Topics

Error on pip install

eric.a.bunch@...

Hello, this may be outside of your purview, but I am trying to install dionysus on a databricks cluster, and keep getting an error. I have installed it locally a few times with no problems, but on databricks it gives me an error that I haven't been able to make sense of, and was wondering if you had any ideas on things to try. This is the error after trying to install from pypi

Error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Installation failed with message: Collecting dionysus Downloading dionysus-2.0.4.tar.gz (1.0MB) Building wheels for collected packag *** WARNING: skipped 6710 bytes of output *** alled to build the following extensions: dionysus ---------------------------------------- Failed building wheel for dionysus Command "/databricks/python3/bin/python3 -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/tmp/pip-build-drey1xhy/dionysus/setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\r\n', '\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /tmp/pip-48un6qym-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers /databricks/python3/include/site/python3.5/dionysus" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-drey1xhy/dionysus/

Any suggestions are welcome.

Dmitriy Morozov

I think I'd need to see the "skipped 6710 bytes of output" to even attempt to guess. Currently, there is not much information there.

The fact that all this is happening under Java is also very suspicious.

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 7:13 AM, <eric.a.bunch@...> wrote:
Hello, this may be outside of your purview, but I am trying to install dionysus on a databricks cluster, and keep getting an error. I have installed it locally a few times with no problems, but on databricks it gives me an error that I haven't been able to make sense of, and was wondering if you had any ideas on things to try. This is the error after trying to install from pypi

Error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Installation failed with message: Collecting dionysus Downloading dionysus-2.0.4.tar.gz (1.0MB) Building wheels for collected packag *** WARNING: skipped 6710 bytes of output *** alled to build the following extensions: dionysus ---------------------------------------- Failed building wheel for dionysus Command "/databricks/python3/bin/python3 -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/tmp/pip-build-drey1xhy/dionysus/setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\r\n', '\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /tmp/pip-48un6qym-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers /databricks/python3/include/site/python3.5/dionysus" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-drey1xhy/dionysus/

Any suggestions are welcome.