Topics

CGAL problem when building diode

zhuceyonghu123@...

Hi,
I try to build diode on debian (CGAL 4.9), but got the following error (only the first several errors are listed here):
#################################### error message ##################
In file included from /remote/pi309a/jia/workspace/ConKennedy/analysis/anaCode/PH/diode-master/include/diode/diode.h:46:0,
                from /remote/pi309a/jia/workspace/ConKennedy/analysis/anaCode/PH/diode-master/examples/generate_alpha_shap
e.cpp:7:
/remote/pi309a/jia/workspace/ConKennedy/analysis/anaCode/PH/diode-master/include/diode/diode.hpp: In function ‘void diode::
fill_weighted_alpha_shapes(const Points&, const SimplexCallback&)’:
/remote/pi309a/jia/workspace/ConKennedy/analysis/anaCode/PH/diode-master/include/diode/diode.hpp:127:29: error: Regular_tr
iangulation_vertex_base_3’ in namespace ‘CGAL’ does not name a template type
    using Rvb       = CGAL::Regular_triangulation_vertex_base_3<K>;
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/remote/pi309a/jia/workspace/ConKennedy/analysis/anaCode/PH/diode-master/include/diode/diode.hpp:128:58: error: Rvb’ was n
ot declared in this scope
    using Vb        = CGAL::Alpha_shape_vertex_base_3<K, Rvb>;
                                                         ^~~
/remote/pi309a/jia/workspace/ConKennedy/analysis/anaCode/PH/diode-master/include/diode/diode.hpp:128:61: error: template ar
gument 2 is invalid
##################
If I download CGAL 4.12, and "cmake 
-DCGAL_DIR=../CGAL4.12 .." and make, then the building succeeds. But after I export PYTHONPATH in the .bashrc file and source .bashrc, when importing diode in python, it says "No module named diode"...

Dmitriy Morozov

CGAL has unfortunately been adding many breaking changes, which makes it difficult to maintain a backwards compatible version of DioDe. But perhaps I should try. A quick and easy fix for you would be to checkout an earlier copy of the code, one that worked with CGAL 4.9. For example, `git checkout 9c60675afd79d51fff44414c7ffeb3bfbbf42a7a` should work.

Can you please file an issue about backwards compatibility on GitHub, so I don't forget about it?

As for the problem with the downloaded CGAL 4.12, I'd need a lot more information (for example, CMakeCache.txt, what version of python you are using, etc) to figure out what's going on.

Dmitriy

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 3:09 PM, <zhuceyonghu123@...> wrote:
Hi,
I try to build diode on debian (CGAL 4.9), but got the following error (only the first several errors are listed here):
#################################### error message ##################
In file included from /remote/pi309a/jia/workspace/ConKennedy/analysis/anaCode/PH/diode-master/include/diode/diode.h:46:0,
                from /remote/pi309a/jia/workspace/ConKennedy/analysis/anaCode/PH/diode-master/examples/generate_alpha_shap
e.cpp:7:
/remote/pi309a/jia/workspace/ConKennedy/analysis/anaCode/PH/diode-master/include/diode/diode.hpp: In function ‘void diode::
fill_weighted_alpha_shapes(const Points&, const SimplexCallback&)’:
/remote/pi309a/jia/workspace/ConKennedy/analysis/anaCode/PH/diode-master/include/diode/diode.hpp:127:29: error: Regular_tr
iangulation_vertex_base_3’ in namespace ‘CGAL’ does not name a template type
    using Rvb       = CGAL::Regular_triangulation_vertex_base_3<K>;
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/remote/pi309a/jia/workspace/ConKennedy/analysis/anaCode/PH/diode-master/include/diode/diode.hpp:128:58: error: Rvb’ was n
ot declared in this scope
                                                         ^~~
/remote/pi309a/jia/workspace/ConKennedy/analysis/anaCode/PH/diode-master/include/diode/diode.hpp:128:61: error: template ar
gument 2 is invalid
##################
If I download CGAL 4.12, and "cmake 
-DCGAL_DIR=../CGAL4.12 .." and make, then the building succeeds. But after I export PYTHONPATH in the .bashrc file and source .bashrc, when importing diode in python, it says "No module named diode"...

zhuceyonghu123@...

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 05:43 am, Dmitriy Morozov wrote:
git checkout 9c60675afd79d51fff44414c7ffeb3bfbbf42a7a
Thanks! Dmitriy. the branch 9c60675afd79d51fff44414c7ffeb3bfbbf42a7a can be built successfully.

The CMakeCache.txt is attached. I'm using Python 2.7.

Dmitriy Morozov

CMakeCache says that you are building the module for Python 3.5, which is why Python 2.7 doesn't see it. You can fix it by passing -DPYBIND11_PYTHON_VERSION=2.7 to cmake.

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 4:52 AM, <zhuceyonghu123@...> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 05:43 am, Dmitriy Morozov wrote:
git checkout 9c60675afd79d51fff44414c7ffeb3bfbbf42a7a
Thanks! Dmitriy. the branch 9c60675afd79d51fff44414c7ffeb3bfbbf42a7a can be built successfully.

The CMakeCache.txt is attached. I'm using Python 2.7.