Topics

find all the nodes which form a specific loop

yihangs@...

Hi Dmitriy,
Sure! I will have look at these two discussions. Thanks a lot!

Dmitriy Morozov

This question has come up a couple of times before on this list. Can you take a look at the two threads below? If you have questions after reading them, don't hesitate to follow up.

Dmitriy

On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 5:10 PM <yihangs@...> wrote:
Hi Dmitriy!
I am a new user of Dionysus and I met a problem when using the package. from H1 homology group, I can know the birth time and the death time of a loop by using Dionysus, but I don't know how to find all the nodes from my data which form this specific loop.
for example, if I have 5 points in the two dimensional space, the coordinate of them are:
[[0,0],[4,0],[0,4],[5,4],[3,7]] it is a pentagon. when using rips complex, I can get one h1 loop, but I don't know I can get these five nodes which form this loop.
Are there any functions in Dionysus which can help me achieve that?
Thank you!