Re: Computing extended persistence in dionysus2

Dmitriy Morozov

There is nothing special about extended persistence. One can compute it by coning off the domain and assigning appropriate values to all the simplices. That's how the example you are referring to works. You can either translate it to Dionysus 2, or, even better, implement the coning from scratch. If you do, I hope you contribute it back to the codebase. I don't have a ready-made example.

There is a C++ implementation of extended persistence in Dionysus 2, but it doesn't sound like that's what you are looking for.

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 10:12 AM <cai.507@...> wrote:
Hello Dmitriy,

I am trying to compute extended persistence for graphs using dionysus2. I found in dionysus1 there is a file called 08-extended-persistence.py in the accomapnying examples. But I am not able to run it using Dionysus 2.0.6 dev0. ( from dionysus.viewer import * ImportError: No module named viewer)

I assume that if extended persistence can be computed in first version of Dionysus, it should also be available in second version. I did a little search but didn't find an example. (I found relative persistence homology although). I was wondering is computing extended persistent available in Dionysus2?

Best,
Chen

Join dionysus@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.