Re: CGAL problem when building diode

Dmitriy Morozov

CGAL has unfortunately been adding many breaking changes, which makes it difficult to maintain a backwards compatible version of DioDe. But perhaps I should try. A quick and easy fix for you would be to checkout an earlier copy of the code, one that worked with CGAL 4.9. For example, `git checkout 9c60675afd79d51fff44414c7ffeb3bfbbf42a7a` should work.

Can you please file an issue about backwards compatibility on GitHub, so I don't forget about it?

As for the problem with the downloaded CGAL 4.12, I'd need a lot more information (for example, CMakeCache.txt, what version of python you are using, etc) to figure out what's going on.

Dmitriy

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 3:09 PM, <zhuceyonghu123@...> wrote:
Hi,
I try to build diode on debian (CGAL 4.9), but got the following error (only the first several errors are listed here):
#################################### error message ##################
In file included from /remote/pi309a/jia/workspace/ConKennedy/analysis/anaCode/PH/diode-master/include/diode/diode.h:46:0,
                from /remote/pi309a/jia/workspace/ConKennedy/analysis/anaCode/PH/diode-master/examples/generate_alpha_shap
e.cpp:7:
/remote/pi309a/jia/workspace/ConKennedy/analysis/anaCode/PH/diode-master/include/diode/diode.hpp: In function ‘void diode::
fill_weighted_alpha_shapes(const Points&, const SimplexCallback&)’:
/remote/pi309a/jia/workspace/ConKennedy/analysis/anaCode/PH/diode-master/include/diode/diode.hpp:127:29: error: Regular_tr
iangulation_vertex_base_3’ in namespace ‘CGAL’ does not name a template type
    using Rvb       = CGAL::Regular_triangulation_vertex_base_3<K>;
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/remote/pi309a/jia/workspace/ConKennedy/analysis/anaCode/PH/diode-master/include/diode/diode.hpp:128:58: error: Rvb’ was n
ot declared in this scope
    using Vb        = CGAL::Alpha_shape_vertex_base_3<K, Rvb>;
                                                         ^~~
/remote/pi309a/jia/workspace/ConKennedy/analysis/anaCode/PH/diode-master/include/diode/diode.hpp:128:61: error: template ar
gument 2 is invalid
    using Vb        = CGAL::Alpha_shape_vertex_base_3<K, Rvb>;
##################
If I download CGAL 4.12, and "cmake 
-DCGAL_DIR=../CGAL4.12 .." and make, then the building succeeds. But after I export PYTHONPATH in the .bashrc file and source .bashrc, when importing diode in python, it says "No module named diode"...

Join dionysus@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.