Re: Bottleneck distances

Dmitriy Morozov

Never mind. I can reproduce the problem:

import dionysus as d
dgm1 = d.Diagram([(1,2), (3,4), (1., float('inf'))])
dgm2 = d.Diagram([(0,2), (3,5), (2., float('inf'))])
d.bottleneck_distance(dgm1,dgm2)

I'll look into it. Let me meanwhile point out that you can construct a diagram out of a list of tuples of point coordinates. So you could always generate a list of points in the diagram and then generate a new diagram, tweaking the points however you like. So that could be a temporary workaround.

BTW, TDA package in R uses Dionysus 1, so it has nothing in common with the code used in Dionysus 2.

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 3:12 PM, Dmitriy Morozov <dmitriy@...> wrote:
Can you send an example code or diagram?

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 7:34 AM, <aspannau@...> wrote:
Hi Dimitri,

I am having an issue when computing the bottleneck distance between two diagrams. When both persistence diagrams have a point that has inf as its death time, the bottleneck distance seems to hang and not return a value. When computing these same values using the TDA package in R, I am able to compute these same distances, as it sets some finite number for the death at inf.  Also, since the death time is an attribute, I cannot change it in my code to be some large number.

Thanks for the assistance,
Adam

Join dionysus@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.