Digital Hobbyist email@example.comDigital Hobbyist is a forum dedicated to enhancing the knowledge, and sharing examples of the work, of hobby machinists and toolmakers in the digital age. Examples might include retrofitting mini-mills or mini-lathes with Computerised Numerical Control (CNC), the use of 3D printers in home shops, especially as relates to machining, and performance enhancements of all shop equipment.
- 229 Members
- 219 Topics , Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to members only.
- Only moderators can create hashtags.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
Top Hashtags [See All]
- #MISC Posts related to miscellaneous subjects 46 topics
- #RELS Posts related to RELS (Russian Electronic Lead Screws); i.e., ELS systems based on the Russian Engineer Oleg's design. 43 topics
- #3D Posts related to 3D Printing 41 topics
- #LATHES Posts related to lathes 28 topics
- #CNC Posts related to CNC (Computer Numerical Control) 24 topics
- #MODS Posts related to modifying our machine tools and accessories. 21 topics
- #MILLS Posts related to milling machines 11 topics
- #CSS Posts related to CSS (Constant Surface Speed) systems for lathes 9 topics
- #GR Posts related to Gear Reduction in the mini-lathe 8 topics
- #ESI Posts related to ESI (Electronic Step Indexer) 6 topics