Northern Olympic Peninsula #collecting

Rob Kimmich

Hello, Mary Ann. I will be near Port Angeles for a few days this month. Where might be some good collecting spots in tidal areas?

-Rob

Mary Tiffany

Hi Rob,

I’m afraid the only time I’ve been to Port Angeles was to take the Blackball Ferry to Victoria.

Mary Ann

On Jul 10, 2021, at 9:41 PM, Rob Kimmich <rkimmich12@...> wrote:

Hello, Mary Ann. I will be near Port Angeles for a few days this month. Where might be some good collecting spots in tidal areas?

-Rob

Mary Tiffany

It’s possible that Arachnoidiscus and Isthmia might hang out on seaweed there as it is open ocean. Look for fresh red seaweed drift or attached seaweed if it is low tide. I would like to know if you find some. They were scarce where I sampled at Whidbey Island last month. Both were very abundant 20 years ago.

Mary Ann

On Jul 10, 2021, at 9:55 PM, Mary Tiffany <mtiffany24@...> wrote:

Hi Rob,

I’m afraid the only time I’ve been to Port Angeles was to take the Blackball Ferry to Victoria.

Mary Ann

On Jul 10, 2021, at 9:41 PM, Rob Kimmich <rkimmich12@...> wrote:

Hello, Mary Ann. I will be near Port Angeles for a few days this month. Where might be some good collecting spots in tidal areas?

-Rob

Mary Tiffany

Maybe Dungeness Spit??? Or Sail and Paddle Park???

On Jul 10, 2021, at 10:06 PM, Mary Tiffany via groups.io <mtiffany24@...> wrote:

It’s possible that Arachnoidiscus and Isthmia might hang out on seaweed there as it is open ocean. Look for fresh red seaweed drift or attached seaweed if it is low tide. I would like to know if you find some. They were scarce where I sampled at Whidbey Island last month. Both were very abundant 20 years ago.

Mary Ann

On Jul 10, 2021, at 9:55 PM, Mary Tiffany <mtiffany24@...> wrote:

Hi Rob,

I’m afraid the only time I’ve been to Port Angeles was to take the Blackball Ferry to Victoria.

Mary Ann

On Jul 10, 2021, at 9:41 PM, Rob Kimmich <rkimmich12@...> wrote:

Hello, Mary Ann. I will be near Port Angeles for a few days this month. Where might be some good collecting spots in tidal areas?

-Rob

Rob Kimmich

Dungeness Spit is on our list. The Park you mention on Ediz Spit is possible. I have been to the tide pools at Port Crescent, further west, in the Salt Creek Recreation Area and may go there this trip. Thanks for the suggestions.

Rob