excellent guide to marine benthic diatoms

Dave Richman

These things happen.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

David Richman

On Feb 12, 2012, at 3:03 AM, urginia wrote:

Oops,

apologies for the incorrect link. Rob has the correct one:

http://www.kisr.edu.kw/Data/Site1/images/kisr_publications/978-99966-37-00-1.pdf

thank you Rob!

Brian

--- In diatom_forum@..., "Rob" wrote:

> I searched for the title and came up with
>
> http://www.kisr.edu.kw/Data/Site1/images/kisr_publications/978-99966-37-00-1.pdf
>
> Diatoms are right above the zooplankton on the KISR page. 364 pp.
>
> -Rob
>
> --- In diatom_forum@..., David Richman wrote:
> >
> > I downloaded this and got the Zooplankton guide.
> >
> > David Richman
> >

> > On Feb 11, 2012, at 12:52 PM, urginia wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I´ve been away from the forum for some time...my diatomological life
> > > is sadly on hold for a while. Anyway, by chance I came across this
> > > excellent pdf:
> > >
> > > "ILLUSTRATED GUIDE ON THE BENTHIC DIATOMS of Kuwait's Marine
> > > Environment" 2011, 364 pages
> > >
> > > http://www.kisr.edu.kw/Data/Site1/images/kisr_publications/978-99966-95-07-0-2.pdf
> > >
> > > There are descriptions and photos of 272 taxa. Most useful to me, as
> > > someone rather taxonomically challenged, is that many of the species
> > > are illustrated as live cells in valve and girdle view as well as
> > > cleaned valves. The photos are generally very clear and of a high
> > > standard.
> > >
> > > There is a very interesting introductory cahapter and I think those
> > > of you suffering a cold northern winter will find the habitat photos
> > > very seductive.
> > >
> > > enjoy !
> > >
> > > Brian

urginia