Steve Gill resources #glossary

leszekwolnik <leszek@...>

Hi

I got a note from Steve Gill via the Diatoms Ireland site and which I enclose below.

'I notice that Klaus has posted the details of the Diatom Resources DVDs in the file folder on the yahoo forum, and later added that the cost is £35.

Actually I created these at the behest of a 'new starter' and they are available on an exchange of cleaned material or slides basis (the recipient deciding what value they put on the resources), the only monetary cost being the postage. Hope you all find this acceptable.'

These seems to be an incredibly generous offer and all thanks to Steve for making it.

His glossary is an especially useful work and must have taken a good deal of energy to put together.

Cheers

Leszek

scitech200

Hi Leszek,

This is a great offer from Steve.
It's also timely as I was trying to contact him, via Savona Books email, to purchase some items from this side of the pond. Do you happen to know how best to contact him?

Also, I believe he was involved with the Amateur Diatomist publication - albeit quite a few years back. Is this no longer being published?

Thanks,
Keith

"leszekwolnik" wrote:

Hi
I got a note from Steve Gill via the Diatoms Ireland site and which I enclose below.

'I notice that Klaus has posted the details of the Diatom Resources DVDs in the file folder on the yahoo forum, and later added that the cost is £35.

Actually I created these at the behest of a 'new starter' and they are available on an exchange of cleaned material or slides basis (the recipient deciding what value they put on the resources), the only monetary cost being the postage. Hope you all find this acceptable.'

These seems to be an incredibly generous offer and all thanks to Steve for making it.

His glossary is an especially useful work and must have taken a good deal of energy to put together.

Cheers
Leszek

leszekwolnik <leszek@...>

Hi Keith

I have his email address and will send this posting to him. I asked if he might join the group this morning and hopefully he'll consider it. I'm not sure about the Amateur Diatomist but we'll pop that in the email too!

Klaus might know more?

Regards

Leszek

"leszekwolnik" wrote:
Hi
I got a note from Steve Gill via the Diatoms Ireland site and which I enclose below.

'I notice that Klaus has posted the details of the Diatom Resources DVDs in the file folder on the yahoo forum, and later added that the cost is £35.

Actually I created these at the behest of a 'new starter' and they are available on an exchange of cleaned material or slides basis (the recipient deciding what value they put on the resources), the only monetary cost being the postage. Hope you all find this acceptable.'

These seems to be an incredibly generous offer and all thanks to Steve for making it.

His glossary is an especially useful work and must have taken a good deal of energy to put together.

Cheers
Leszek

Richard Carter

Steve has indeed joined the group, as of this morning.

Dick