Glossary - Steve Gill #glossary

leszekwolnik <leszek@...>

Does everyone here know of Steve Gill's glossary? If not it's worth checking out. It's available on CD for very little from Savona books.

Leszek

--- In diatom_forum@..., Rob Kimmich <kimmich46@...> wrote:

We might want also to take a look at the glossary on the Diatoms of the US (
http://westerndiatoms.colorado.edu/glossary). Some of the terms have
pictures

Rob K

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 5:31 PM, Keith Shaw <scitech200@...> wrote:

Alex,

This is a great idea for developing a glossary of terms that are needed for
rigorous group discussions of diatom morphology, taxonomy, biology, etc..

When question on the list arrive we can add to the
database and it will grow.
Exactly, and we will all learn along the way...

I don't remember seeing any website that has notated images to support a
textual description. So I think that a group effort would be really
worthwhile. Now to find the time to...

Best regards,
Keith

"ace42457" wrote:

If you have the time can you send me 5-10 picture with terms and I will
try to get something going. Lets start with simple things so the
explanations aren't exhaustive and build from there. When question on the
list arrive we can add to the database and it will grow. It will be a great
learning experience for me both in design and Diatoms. Once we start to get
something together we can experiment with what is needed.
Alex