From: Keith Shaw
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2011 5:03 AM
Subject: [diatom_forum] Superb website?

While we are in the process of discussing how best to proceed with some form of database and glossary, I would like to recommend reviewing a recently developed website - DIATOMS of the United States:
http://westerndiatoms.colorado.edu/

under the direction of Sarah Spaulding (USGS).

Here is a typical webpage describing Gomphonema:
http://westerndiatoms.colorado.edu/taxa/genus/Gomphonema

Looking for additional information on a Gomphonema species, under discussion for the Chappell Cherryfield sample, lead me to me this website. However, IMHO this is the best designed 'diatom website' I have ever come upon on the Internet, and so I'll now be very interested in hearing the group's opinions - both pros and cons.

Regards,
Keith