Pictionary #glossary

Rob Kimmich <kimmich46@...>

We might want also to take a look at the glossary on the Diatoms of the US (http://westerndiatoms.colorado.edu/glossary). Some of the terms have pictures

Rob K

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 5:31 PM, Keith Shaw <scitech200@...> wrote:

Alex,

This is a great idea for developing a glossary of terms that are needed for rigorous group discussions of diatom morphology, taxonomy, biology, etc..

> When question on the list arrive we can add to the
> database and it will grow.
Exactly, and we will all learn along the way...

I don't remember seeing any website that has notated images to support a textual description. So I think that a group effort would be really worthwhile. Now to find the time to...

Best regards,
Keith

"ace42457" wrote:

> If you have the time can you send me 5-10 picture with terms and I will try to get something going. Lets start with simple things so the explanations aren't exhaustive and build from there. When question on the list arrive we can add to the database and it will grow. It will be a great learning experience for me both in design and Diatoms. Once we start to get something together we can experiment with what is needed.
> Alex

scitech200

"ace42457" wrote:

If you have the time can you send me 5-10 picture with terms and I will try to get something going. Lets start with simple things so the explanations aren't exhaustive and build from there. When question on the list arrive we can add to the database and it will grow. It will be a great learning experience for me both in design and Diatoms. Once we start to get something together we can experiment with what is needed.
Alex

Cummins, Alex