Diatom Glossary #glossary

kimmich46@...

I recently had the opportunity to work with Sarah Spaulding to revise the glossary of the Diatoms of the US web flora. We have edited existing definitions, added new definitions, created illustrations for terms, and have provided hyperlinks to related terms. To try out the links, you can start with frustule, and look for the text in bold.

As you probably know, the glossary limits its scope to terms that apply to taxa in this web flora. You can find more on using the glossary here.

The editors have also recently worked to make the website more readable to people with languages other than English by editing definitions to avoid phrases such as "thread-like" or "star-shaped".

-Rob

Join diatom-forum@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.