Re: excellent guide to marine benthic diatoms

Rob <kimmich46@...>

I searched for the title and came up with

http://www.kisr.edu.kw/Data/Site1/images/kisr_publications/978-99966-37-00-1.pdf

Diatoms are right above the zooplankton on the KISR page. 364 pp.

-Rob

--- In diatom_forum@..., David Richman <tithonia65@...> wrote:

I downloaded this and got the Zooplankton guide.

David Richman

On Feb 11, 2012, at 12:52 PM, urginia wrote:

Hi,

I´ve been away from the forum for some time...my diatomological life
is sadly on hold for a while. Anyway, by chance I came across this
excellent pdf:

"ILLUSTRATED GUIDE ON THE BENTHIC DIATOMS of Kuwait's Marine
Environment" 2011, 364 pages

http://www.kisr.edu.kw/Data/Site1/images/kisr_publications/978-99966-95-07-0-2.pdf

There are descriptions and photos of 272 taxa. Most useful to me, as
someone rather taxonomically challenged, is that many of the species
are illustrated as live cells in valve and girdle view as well as
cleaned valves. The photos are generally very clear and of a high
standard.

There is a very interesting introductory cahapter and I think those
of you suffering a cold northern winter will find the habitat photos
very seductive.

enjoy !

Brian

Join diatom-forum@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.